Welcome to EDM.me®, a service provided by EDM.me (“EDM.me”, “we” “our”, “us”).
Please take some time to read this Privacy and make sure you are happy with our use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at info@EDM.me.
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for an EDM.me® account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain personal information:
- Essential Information: When you register any kind of EDM.me® account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password, or information passed via social login from your provider to EDM.me.
- Information for your public profile on EDM.me®.
- Information from Correspondence: You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey Information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, connecting your Facebook account, sharing a track with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
Information from Other Sources
EDM.me allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus account. If you sign up on EDM.me, each one of these companies will ask your permission to share certain information from your account with EDM.me. This may include your first name, last name, gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your time zone, birthday, profile picture, your "likes" and your list of friends.
This information is collected respectively by each Company and is provided to us under the terms of their Privacy Policies. We encourage to read them. You can control the information that we receive from these Companies using the privacy settings in your accounts with them.
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications.
- If you are a Facebook user, and one of your Facebook friends registers for an EDM.me® account, we will suggest to your Facebook friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on EDM.me.
- If you are a Facebook user and sign up using Facebook, we may also use the information we receive about you from Facebook to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on EDM.me®. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
- If you are a SoundCloud and connect via SoundCloud, user we may also use the information we receive about you from your SoundCloud account to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on EDM.me®. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your EDM.me® account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using Services, in order to improve EDM.me®.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
- Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you comment on any content on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service Providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the Unites States of American, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your EDM.me® account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post on EDM.me® or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the EDM.me® community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of EDM.me, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
International data transfers
EDM.me® is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at info@EDM.me.
Don’t want to give us your information?